[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed May 2 08:32:45 EDT 2012

martin wrote:
 > On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:22 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > The /etc/powerd/postresume.d/disable_mesh.sh  doesn't work.
 >
 > So we need to understand why it does not work. Is it a race condition?
 > Perhaps it is better fixed as a udev script -- triggering when the
 > device appears.

i think it's almost a guaranteed race.  that script essentially
does this:

    while [ ! -f /sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh ]
    do
	sleep 0.5
    done
    echo 0 > /sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh

in other words -- the disable_mesh script will discover the disable
node at just about exactly the time that NM discovers the interface.

there's also the "lbs_disablemesh" module parameter, which could be
supplied at initial module load.  does that not work, for some reason?
(i seem to recall there may be a problem with it.)

paul