[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:22:03 EDT 2012

Thanks Martin (a ton !!)

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree. But there is no working lower-level solution :\
>
> Let's fix that.

Great !!!

> Messing with Sugar won't help you.
>
> Earlier in the thread someone pointed to you the scripts to trigger on
> resume (by powerd). Do those work? Not work? What's the problem there?

The /etc/powerd/postresume.d/disable_mesh.sh  doesn't work.
My belief is that there is the same problem - race condition between the
'echo 0' script, and NetworkManager. This causes the NetworkManager to
crash randomly.

> AIUI, if you
>
>  - disable mesh on boot

Done. Added the 'echo 0' script in 'start()' method of NetworkManager, so
that the effect takes place before NetworkManager starts up. Works like a
charm.

>  - disable mesh on resume, from a powerd-triggered script

Does not work, as explained above.

>  - blacklist the MAC address so NM ignores it
>
> you win. Yes, every XO has a different MAC address, but you can read
> that on first boot of the OS, and write the NM configuration. See the
> olpc-configure script for examples.

Would be awesome. I believe this is the one and only complete solution
possible :)
Could you point me to the suitable (examples) link? I will be heartfully
grateful.

> cheers,

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- Software Architect - OLPC