[Sugar-devel] Just learned about Mistery Meat Navigation

Carl Angiolillo carlangiolillo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 08:14:23 EDT 2012

> explicit help button that toggles an overlay with help bubbles would be
best.

D'oh, good call, totally missed help overlay.

> Interesting, this is what Gary pointed in the "Simple help system for
Sugar" thread.

Forgive a stupid question, but I'm not sure where to find the existing
Sugar help designs to get context. The sugar labs wiki?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:43, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:

> On 27.03.2012, at 15:24, Manuel Quiñones wrote:
>
> > El día 27 de marzo de 2012 08:04, Bert Freudenberg
> > <bert at freudenbergs.de> escribió:
> >> IMHO, an explicit help button that toggles an overlay with help
bubbles would be best. Takes up less space than actual labels. Here's an
example:

> >>        http://thedigitalstory.com/2012/03/5_tips_for_working_w.html
> >
> > Interesting, this is what Gary pointed in the "Simple help system for
Sugar" thread.

> Yes, that, and also combined with your idea of an overlayed help window.
>
> Tapping the help button brings up the bubbles with a short description.
But some bubbles also link to a more complete help widget. I'm referring to
this screenshot:

>        http://thedigitalstory.com/2012/03/08/iPhoto_for_iPad.png
>
> Tapping the arrow on the right of these bubbles opens a Help window in
the middle of the screen, and jumps to the relevant page. It's organized
hierarchically, and articles have hyperlinks to related topics. Plus
there's full text search.