[Sugar-devel] Just learned about Mistery Meat Navigation

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 27 10:43:41 EDT 2012

On 27.03.2012, at 15:24, Manuel Quiñones wrote:

> El día 27 de marzo de 2012 08:04, Bert Freudenberg
> <bert at freudenbergs.de> escribió:
>> IMHO, an explicit help button that toggles an overlay with help bubbles would be best. Takes up less space than actual labels. Here's an example:
>>
>>        http://thedigitalstory.com/2012/03/5_tips_for_working_w.html
>
> Interesting, this is what Gary pointed in the "Simple help system for Sugar" thread.

Yes, that, and also combined with your idea of an overlayed help window.

Tapping the help button brings up the bubbles with a short description. But some bubbles also link to a more complete help widget. I'm referring to this screenshot:

	http://thedigitalstory.com/2012/03/08/iPhoto_for_iPad.png

Tapping the arrow on the right of these bubbles opens a Help window in the middle of the screen, and jumps to the relevant page. It's organized hierarchically, and articles have hyperlinks to related topics. Plus there's full text search.

- Bert -