[Sugar-devel] Gonzalo added as moderator in Trac (was: Re: Moderation on bugs.sl.o)

Sascha Silbe silbe at sugarlabs.org
Mon Mar 26 15:05:14 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Gonzalo Odiard's message of 2012-03-20 21:44:17 +0100:

> If you want, add me to the list.
> I think is important try to responsive with our possible volunteers.

Done. You should now see additional menu items "Moderator" and "Admin"
in Trac. "Moderator" (suffixed with the number of pending requests if
there are any) shows the moderation queue. You can inspect individual
requests and approve / reject them individually or in bulk.

"Admin" -> General / Permissions should allow you to add users to the
group "unmoderated" (for real users) resp. "spammer". I'm doing the same
using shell scripts as I have CLI access to Trac. If the volume went
high enough for this to be a significant nuisance, we could try hacking
the TicketModerator plugin to adjust the permissions automatically, but
so far it hasn't been worth the effort.

Your new permissions allow you to do more than just the above (probably
including elevating your own privileges); the general policy of the SL
infrastructure team is to trust people not to abuse their power rather
than impeding their work.

Thanks for volunteering!

Sascha

--