[Sugar-devel] Mobile dongles - XO-1 with release 11.3.0

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 26 02:32:52 EDT 2012

As it is possible to add the APN to the modem configuration inside the
modem (using AT commands AT+CGDCONT= ... AT&V), I wasn't sure which
modem configuration you had done.  Glad to hear it was the Sugar one you
did.  That configuration can usually override what the modem has stored
in flash.

If the icon appears in the frame, a device driver has been identified
already by the kernel, and Network Manager has discovered it is a
wireless broadband device.  Naught to do with Sugar.

Tony reminded me ... make sure you do your initial testing with
automatic power management turned off.

Looking at logs in /var/log before shutdown may be helpful in
determining why the connection attempt failed.

Even if you are not where the service is deployed, you may be able to
gain more information by trying the modem anyway.

You can identify the modem model by capturing dmesg shortly after
plugging it in.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/