[Sugar-devel] Mobile dongles - XO-1 with release 11.3.0

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Sun Mar 25 22:22:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

I need some help with testing mobile dongles with the XO-1 running release
11.3.0 (build 883).

I have one old ZTE DC87 modem locked to Digicel that I have tried. I added
the APN to the modem configuration. When plugged in, Sugar recognises a
"wireless modem" is plugged in and shows the icon on the frame. If I click
"connect" it tells me no GSM connection is available.

Is something missing? Do I need to install any drivers for the USB stick?
How best to troubleshoot....

Are there any recommended third party USB sticks that I can use with any
network?

Maybe someone has experience with Digicel sticks - this will be for PNG
where they have GSM and GPRS mobile web networks.

David Leeming

Solomon Islands Rural Link