[Sugar-devel] Activity Packaging Wish List

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:36:07 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at laptop.org> wrote:
> We should do a bit of merging - I created
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_sugar_activity_list since the
> "Fedora 13" column made me think the list was unmaintained.  (Misspellings
> in that list are from actual package descriptions - I did not correct most
> of them.)

This is simple and serve the purpose. I generally update Fedora sugar
activities [1] as soon as I do a packaging. And the Fructose
Activities and Honey Activities section was there when I packaged the
first activity. They should have been for some reason, may be. So
better wait for others to comment. Personally I love a simpler page as
yours.

> Keeping the version numbers in the Wiki though is a bit deceptive unless we
> can verify that packagers update the Wiki every time they update bodhi.

Agreed, package name itself will do. If someone wants to see the
version he/she can click on the package go to updates and see it.

> There also a list at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-22_Sugar_Desktop which is
> based on my list while following a priority ranking a few developers came up
> with for OLPC work.  But this one does not need to be updated as it is for
> an event in one point in time.

Understood

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sugar_Activities

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Kalpa Welivitigoda <callkalpa at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated the Fedora Sugar Activities page [1] so that the users can
>> add their favourite/useful activities to be packaged. This will help
>> the packagers so that they don't have to pick activities randomly to
>> package. If you as a packager is working on a packaging a activity in
>> the wish list please state that in the assigned to column to avoid any
>> confusion.
>>
>> I hope this initiative will result for the betterment of both sugar and
>> fedora.
>>
>> Comments are highly welcome.
>>
>> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sugar_Activities
>>
>> --