[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sugar Harmonic distribuition
alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Wed Mar 21 08:33:24 EDT 2012
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 05:17:04AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Hi all!
Thanks to Puno pilot, there is a chance to setup procedure to cover full
Sugar deployment cycle basing on efforts driven by community members. So,
the subject of the original email was formed as a Platform Team project
within the Sugar Labs, i.e., it is community driven project that will be
a basis for downstream Sugar distribution (Hexoquinasa) to use in Puno.
As a result, it will be possible to effectively reuse this experience to
create any other community based Sugar deployment projects.
The home page for new project:
The goals in short:
* The possibility to launch Base Software in heterogeneous
software and hardware environments.
* Using Base Software, provide access to various Content
(Sugar activities, artifacts created by Sugar activities, books, etc.)
created within the Sugar community.
* Using Base Software, provide collaborative functionality to
support Social activity around the Content.
* Instruments and workflows to adapt Content and Base Software
to specific needs that Sugar Deployment might face,
including extreme ones like off-line environments and restricting
For more detailed description, see Declaration of purpose.
It is not exactly new project, just an effort to rehash several ongoing
projects using system approach, such as:
* Sweets Distribution, as 3rd party repository for
* Sugar Network, as a content sharing environment
* [Sugar] Server Kit components to form school server
* Sweets, as a PMS to support activities on top of native PMS
and work with issues like dependencies and building from sources
* OBS patch, to build Sucrose, Server Kit packages and
binary based activities on all supported platforms
The roadmap is synchronized with Puno pilot (which is a bit
delayed) and until June, SHD should be ready to start pilot.
The current TODO, assumes releasing v0.1 at the end of the March with
Sucrose repos (like Sweets Distribution) to try initial implementation of
More information about the Sugar-devel