[Sugar-devel] xephyr error on Fedora 16

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Mon Mar 19 18:34:50 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Manuel Kaufmann's message of 2012-03-15 15:08:51 +0100:

> After compiling sugar with jhbuild in Fedora 16, I'm tryin to run the
> emulator but I'm getting this error:
>
> "Failed to start server. Please check output above for any message"

Well, like it says, the actual error message is elsewhere, so we can't
help you much without further information. Can you post the full
output, please?

Please make sure to update sugar-jhbuild and install anything
"./sugar-jhbuild depscheck" mentions (except for gnome-python2-evince
- I still need to fix the Read dependencies) before trying again.

If there's no error message (or just something unhelpful), please try
running the following command directly:

Xephyr :100 -ac -title 'Sugar in a window' -screen 800x600 -noreset

I expect it to fail, but once you tried that you can use the Fedora
support channels to get help; there's nothing Sugar-specific about it
then.

Your now-working Debian Wheezy setup should be better than a Fedora 16
one (at least Fedora 17 seems to be required for everything to work),
though. ;)

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/