[Sugar-devel] Disable the XO keyboard

Danny Iland iland at cs.ucsb.edu
Sun Mar 11 22:05:41 EDT 2012

I'm thinking one solution for Augustin could be a small activity that had
two buttons.  One button would "Disable Keyboard" when clicked, which would
execute the commands you gave. The other would "Enable Keyboard".  Each
would just trigger the appropriate commands via os.system() .

Can a sugar activity being run off a thumbdrive make the changes required
in /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0? If so, this seems like a reasonable
solution. We could create and send the activity, he could load it on via
USB, copy and run it all using the touchpad. Won't have to type a thing!

Before I go experimenting with this though, I was hoping someone could let
me know what commands should be run to re-enable the keyboard!

Danny Iland