[Sugar-devel] Testing sweets < 0.86 ?

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Sun Mar 11 00:03:39 EST 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 05:54:27PM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> is there an easy way to test a Sweet version under 0.86 ?
> I'll set up a virtual box machine if necessary. I am under Xubuntu 11.10 64
> bits.

There is a doers' orineted way (in contrast with installing packages
from Sweets Distribution) to run particular Sugar version, Sweets:

    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Guide/Sugar_via_Sweets

It supports Debina/Ubuntu (plus derivates) and Fedora distros (it is not
a huge problem to add any other distro that PackageKit supports).

For example, after installing sweets, you can:

* launch sugar in emulator for recent stable version (0.94):

    sweets sdk/sugar:emulator

* launch any vesion that exists in sweets system
  (see `sweets status sdk/sugar -v` output for full list:

    sweets sdk/sugar:emulator=0.88
    sweets sdk/sugar:emulator=0.84

--
Aleksey