[Sugar-devel] Manifests obsolescence in new Sugar versions

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:13:53 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I've just noticed that the manifest files are obsolete inside sugar bundle
(when launching ./setup.py fix_manifest).

WARNING : the fix_namifest command is obsolete
                  The MANIFEST file is no longer used in bundles, please
remove it.

So :

   - how is file list managed in new bundles ? Do I need to change anything
   when building my bundle or does Sugar OS manage them itself ?
   - if I want a compatibilty with old sugars, can I remove the MANIFEST,
   or must I leave it anyway ? (I suppose that I must leave it)

Regards