[Sugar-devel] My project LearningWriting : some guideleness advises ?

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 05:16:45 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I plan to go on developping on my project LearningWriting I post on sugar
gitorious a few months ago.
But, as I'm facing some developping difficulties, I woul like to have your
suggest about some details :

   1. My program, in its current state, (parenthesis : no internalization
   yet), just lets a user draw whatever he wants on a kind of blackboard with
   just the chalck, and whenever he want, he can replay the animation. But he
   can configure the point size and the animation speed size.
   2. The main purpose of this program, is to let teachers make their own
   letters/digits sets, or download and install existing sets. I think a
   tarball format is the best archive format purposal. I know Python reduce
   the complexity for creating such archives, but what I wonder is if I will
   be able to let user easily import/export archives to/from a usb key (and/or
   the journal). I have a copy of the activity guideleness, and I must read it
   further that I've done before, but do you think this use case can be easily
   implemented ?
   3. Should I use Python3 ? Should I try to program for GTK 3 ?

Regards