[Sugar-devel] git initial commit

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Sun Mar 4 22:21:09 EST 2012

Thanks, Alan and James,

Once I created a respository I successfully made an initial commit.

Strange, however,
1) I don't recall it ever being suggested I *needed* to create a repository. I'd think "mainline.git" would be automatically set up for a new project, and be part of the project creation process.

2) Clicking on "Add a repository" (which suggested there was already a repository in existence), I tried to name the repository "mainline," but it was named instead "chimeplay.git."

I wonder whatever happened to "mainline"?

At any rate, "next time" I'll check to see if any repository exists before trying to save to one. (Go figure.)

Art Hunkins