[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sweets Distribution

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Mar 1 00:07:50 EST 2012

On 02/29/2012 03:39 PM, James Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 09:22:25AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>> What we have now is a PPA for Sweets, hosted on Sugar servers.
>>>
>>> What you are asking for is to provide those under the Ubuntu Launchpad
>>> infrastructure.
>>>
>>> As far as I can tell, the only advantage would be to shorten the command
>>> line required to install.
>> Have it easily discoverable by the wider Ubuntu community?
I do not understand how a user copy-pastes this command into terminal.
I thought the previous format was easier for a user to understand:

  SV=0.94
  UV=11.04
  SD=http://download.sugarlabs.org/packages/SweetsDistribution:
  sudo apt-add-repository "deb $SD/$SV/Ubuntu-$UV/ ./"
  wget -qO- $SD/$SV/Ubuntu-$UV/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -

Tom Gilliard