[Sugar-devel] Clarification about resubmitting patches

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jun 26 20:16:23 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:01:00PM +0200, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> [...]
> git send-to-ml-single --annotate --subject-prefix="PATCH v2 sugar"
> git send-to-ml-single --in-reply-to=<1290857483.723474 at twin.sascha.silbe.org>
>
> Which is right or in which situation should each be used?

I would think of how the other developers process mail, based on my
observations of their behaviour.

I would use the first method if some days have elapsed, or if I knew
the reviewer had probably gone to sleep.

I would use the second method if very little time has elapsed, or if I
knew the reviewer was still awake.

I would combine both methods somehow if I could; both a subject change
and a thread tie-in.

Or, if I didn't read this, I'd just "git format-patch" and include it
in my mail editor.  ;-}  Not every mail client supports this well.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/