[Sugar-devel] Passphrase must be re-entered when XO loses then regains wifi connection

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 25 08:50:50 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 12:23 +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Anish Mangal <anish at activitycentral.com> writes:
>
> > The issue of sugar prompting users to enter wifi passphrase after a
> > connection is broken and is re-established[1] has been in Sugar/OLPC
> > for some time.
> >
> > The purpose of this email is to understand the causes of this:
>
> It's a long-standing NetworkManager issue. See the upstream tickets
> [1,2]. ISTR there was a ticket were Dan replied in detail, but a quick
> search didn't turn it up. Checking the mailing list archives might turn
> up something useful, IIRC it was discussed there several times as well.
>
> Sascha

Sascha,

Can you have a full read of this thread please, Ajay found where in
*SUGAR* this is occurring and proposed a fix which I confirmed to work
on version 0.94[1]. Ajay also tracked down where in version 0.96 the
same issue occurs and proposed a different patch, that one has not been
tested by me[2].

Jerry

1.http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-June/038095.html
2.http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-June/038216.html