[Sugar-devel] Sugar module build is broken by translations

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sun Jun 17 18:45:58 EDT 2012

Hi Chris,

On 06/16/2012 10:19 AM, Chris Leonard wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> Chris, can you please have another look.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>    Simon who awaits to have a buildbot again soon
>

> Simon,
>
> As unfortunate as it is that you've waited a day or more for a fix,
> please allow me to point out that I had attempted raise this issue
> proactively on this list over two weeks ago, and got absolutely not
> response.

Ok, there might have been some misunderstanding. All the branches are
now up for your consumption.

I am keen on the buildbot because that gives you a way to verify if
pushes have been causing build breakage. Daniel's buildbot is what we
have for now: http://176.58.108.37:8010/waterfall

> With Sugar 0.96 released, when to fork Pootle?
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-June/037775.html
>
> Admittedly I mistakenly used the word "fork" when I should have said
> "branch", but my meaning should have been clear from context.
>
> Please create the sucrose-0.96 branches for sugar-base and
> sugar-toolkit as requested in my previous message so I can properly
> and unambiguously branch in Pootle,  which will give me more latitude
> to attempt fixes without risking unrecoverable loss of work by the
> localization community.
>
> In addition, I have had not yet gotten any feedback on whether the
> trimming of the obsoleted strings had any impact on the issues
> encountered with the aym or id PO files during the build process.
> That would be very useful information to have, even if the km issue is
> not exactly the same.

The aym and id files did build fine now. The km one is still broken. If
that is the information you were asking for.

> I sincerely appreciate the work you've done and continue to do as
> release manager and understand all-too-well the frustration that can
> result from waiting for someone else to do their part of a large
> collaborative process with lots of rapidly moving pieces

I think you misunderstood here. At least I had no attention to sound
frustrated at you. I just think that the buildbot is a great tool to
help us deliver the best possible result, that's all. Of course we do
see some build failures due to translations but I don't want to count
the failures we had to those fuzzy coders :)

Regards,
    Simon