[Sugar-devel] Sugar module build is broken by translations

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:05:32 EDT 2012

On 13 June 2012 19:57, Chris Leonard <cjl at laptop.org> wrote:

> I freely admit to perhaps being more aggressive than usual in trying
> to make sure that localizers work is included in builds (the "Push
> many PO files" commit, for example), and if I am the source of the
> problems, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and promise to
> do whatever is needed to make things right, in addition to being more
> cautious in future.

IMO being aggressive in that is actually a very good thing!

>   However, at the moment, my intuition is causing
> me to suspect the late (possibly post-release?) POT churn as the root
> of this problem.  The solution for which would be to branch in
> Gitorious (and Pootle) ASAP and to document our coordination between
> release and L10n better for future use.

It would be nice if you could report what exactly happened once you figured
it out. I have absolutely no clue about pootle but I'm trying to make the
build more reliable and I think translations are a big factor (the same
kind of issues are happening a lot in GNOME).

Thanks!
Daniel