[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar as a Mac Ap?

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 03:27:38 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Steven Thompson <steven_sensei at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Thank you for your quick response Simon.
>
>  I could just use ipads with educational Aps but I too like using
> something that let kids get their hands "dirty".
>
> Get an Intel Classmate or might there be hope of getting say, 10 XOs to do
> a research project in Japan even. I could do this.
> Steven

10 XOs is probably more than you would be able to get, but if you have a
reasonable proposal, you can apply to the Contributor's program.  You'd
also need a US address to ship to as OLPC doesn't do international shipping
for CP anymore after too many problems with customs.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program

Working on translations into Japanese and testing of them is possibly a
basis for a contributor's "project proposal", or at least a valued
ancillary contribution of another type of proposal that would improve the
ROI.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator