[Sugar-devel] Splitting up Honey on Pootle - proposal for discussion

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 02:24:53 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> The purpose of this thread is to advance the notion of breaking up
> Honey. Moving half of Honey to Fructose doesn't solve the issues that
> Chris raised re performance. It was my thought that while we made the
> split, we could use the split to help prioritize the work for the i18n
> team.

It has been a while, but I would like to close out the thread on
splitting up Honey on Pootle and move forward.

Thread originated here:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-April/036771.html

Feedback received was generally positive, no strong negatives
expressed.  Suggestions were adopted for reclassifying some activities
from the initial proposal.

The details of proposal stands as follows.

Graduating from Honey to Fructose (due to popularity).

oficina.po (paint)
portfolio.po
readetexts.po
record.po
speak.po

Honey and Honey2 to be split as detailed here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Translation_Team#Honey_reorganization

I will start with moving some projects from Honey to Honey2 as
low-impact tests and later migrate the graduates into Fructose when I
am sure I've got all the details of the migration process perfected.

Thank you for your feedback.  In the end of the day, this should have
little, if any, impact of developers as the PO files will still push
to the Gitorious repo as before.  It will make updating changed POT
files easier and it will provide clues to localizers as to which PO
files to tackle first.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator