[Sugar-devel] porting Gstreamer Activities to PYGobject and Gstreamer 1.0

Flavio Danesse fdanesse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:32:33 EDT 2012

I behaved as jamedia to gtk3 and added to part of mplayer as backend,
implemented on gstreamer player 1.0:
https://sites.google.com/site/sugaractivities/jamediaobjects/jam

With gstreamer 0.10 I could not work.
Surely you can make it work corriengo 0.10 gst subprocess through but that
would be very hack.

*In particular, JAMedia need:*

*Main player:*
mplayer

*Secondary player:*
gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0
gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0,
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good,
gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly,
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad,
gstreamer1.0-libav

Yo ya porté jamedia a gtk3 y le agregué a parte de mplayer como backend, un
reproductor implementado sobre gstreamer 1.0:
https://sites.google.com/site/sugaractivities/jamediaobjects/jam

Con gstreamer 0.10 no logré que funcione.
Seguramente se pueda hacerlo andar corriengo gst 0.10 a traves de
subprocess pero eso sería muy hack.

*En particular, JAMedia necesita:*

*Reproductor Principal:*
mplayer