[Sugar-devel] Help activity future

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Mon Jul 30 08:34:17 EDT 2012

Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> writes:

> I was looking at Mallard, but I didn't wanted impose over the people
> writing the content, the charge of learning a new markup.
>
> For us, is difficult found people available to write the content,
> (the last full manual is from Sugar 0.82)
> then, I think we should try to get the help written, and later,
> we can see and translate to other markup if is useful.

Exactly. The best format is of no use when there's no content. Let those
who are willing to contribute documentation choose the format (as long
as it's an open format at least, i.e. no .docx or similar). When we
actually have the documentation, we can discuss how to get it into
something useful for distribution (including translation) and further
editing. As long as the input is structured well enough, we can come up
with some way to convert it.

Sascha
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/