[Sugar-devel] [Design] Proposal on some Help toolbar design details

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jul 27 18:21:07 EDT 2012

2012/7/27 Gary C Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>:
> Hi folks,
>
> To follow up on this previous thread, several activities are now following this help proposal. I've put a simple HIG page together to cover the design for Activity authors [1]. If there are no objections I'll place it somewhere more formal (perhaps as a first step in updating the old HIG with all the design changes that have landed in Sugar in the last few years).
>
> Regards,
> --Gary

Hi Gary,

Just I moved the HelpButton in my Graph Plotter[1], my activity had
the following organization:
[Activity][View][Custom1][Custom2][Custom3][Custom4 (Text Entry)][Very
Custom 5 (Ghost coordinates)]  ........... [Help][Stop]

If the cursor isn't on the Graph, the coordinates x-y values
disappear. If the labels disappear, the help button would look a few
ugly on the right of the ghost content. So, I had to make a custom
organization for that case. I updated the screenshot in the wiki where
you can see the new organization. I think this would be a good example
of the new helpbutton position, or an example about what is not
correct and must be changed. What do you think about that case?

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Graph_Plotter