[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Design meeting Monday July 23rd 2012 - 14:30 UTC 1hr

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 19 20:24:04 EDT 2012

> Could you describe a little more what you mean by TreeSelection
About the Tree Selection, as you'll possibly know, the Journal was
migrated from HippoCanvas to Gtk as a GtkTreeView.

The GtkTreeSelection is for customize selections in GtkTreeViews:
http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/treeview.html#the-selection

The starter idea about this was by Agustin Zubiaga (aguz), I tell the
part I agree, but he has projected all the details for a purpose
similar than the interface you describe, Gary. Personally, I don't
like 'ghost' toolbars[1] in Sugar, but the buttons need a place, maybe
a Sugar ToolbarButton and the property 'expanded' set to True and why
not take advantage of that button for also enable/disable the
MultiSelect mode.

Cheers.

[1] When all the buttons of the toolbar change for other different options.