[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Design meeting Monday July 23rd 2012 - 14:30 UTC 1hr

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 19 18:37:33 EDT 2012

2012/7/19 Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>:

> ==== Provisional agenda ====
> * Journal multi-select

I have School at 14:30 UTC, so I tell now my position about the
Journal multi-select implementation.

The function is very useful here in Uruguay, it's necessary in Sugar.
But I think the UI implementation isn't the best. It has two toggle
cell renderers one next to the other (I consider the star a toggle
cell). A better way would be use the TreeSelection. But if the agreed
implemented interface is with CheckBoxes, I would suggest to move the
ToogleStar to the right, with the following organization.

[[Checker] [Icon] . [Buddies] . . . . . [Last modified] [Star] (>)]

Cheers.
-danielf