[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Examples objects support for activities.

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.com
Thu Jul 19 15:51:37 EDT 2012

On Thursday 19 July 2012 11:10 PM, Martin Abente wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
>
> In a recent conversation with Walter, he mentioned that it would be
> very useful if activities could include examples objects. From my
> experience in the field, I can tell this feature can be a really
> useful indeed. Therefore I would like to bring this idea to the
> general discussion and see what others think.
>
> The idea is  simple: Activities include examples objects that can
> be bundled with and accessed from the activity.
>
> For the ones that also think this could be useful: I am sure you
> must have your own vision of how this feature should work and look
> like, so please share it here.
>
> In general terms and from my POV it should be something:
>
> (a) simple to access. (b) with a familiar interface to the users.
> (c) low-cost for activities developers to include. (d) Safe.

What kind of objects are we looking at? I assume it could mean:
* Some sample programs in case of TA
* Some sample setups in the physics activity

The current way to go about doing that would be sample journal
entries, so would I be correct in assuming that we're looking for a
way to group those journal entries (in a way)?

If not, and it's only the 'activity author/developer' that has the
ability to bundle these example objects, then it places limitations.
You'd ideally want to have teachers and others be able to bundle these
examples as they best see them fit according to curriculum.