[Sugar-devel] Some sugar-build comments

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 05:12:40 EDT 2012

It's not right now because Xephyr crashes in Ubuntu (upstream bug and
they are not patching it). That's the reason I had to go for a full X
server initially.

Though I must day I got to like it now and I wouldn't go back to a
window myself, I'm even using it as my main desktop (something I think
more sugar hackers should do! :P).

Xephyr is basically unmaintained but the next set of distributions is
supposed to have a better X nesting solution, so hopefully we can
reconsider and offer the option then.

We could probably consider a config option to use Xephyr as server
(and so get a window) if there is much demand for the feature. I'm
trying as much as possible to not offer features that works only on a
certain distro though, for simplicity and maintenance reasons.

--
Daniel Narvaez