[Sugar-devel] Update on sugar-build
dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:36:14 EDT 2012
I now consider sugar-build pretty much feature complete and in a
decent shape bug-wise. Since it doesn't make sense to do a release, I
thought I'd post an update.
* Simple to use
git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-build/sugar-build.git
will give you a running sugar with fructose activities.
See the README for more targets/commands.
* Works on both Fedora and Ubuntu latest distributions.
* Pretty fast. 10 minutes for a full build (on my recent laptop and
fast internet connection).
* Constantly checked at http://buildbot.sugarlabs.org. We are building
it and running basic integration tests, so you can easily see if the
problem is local or things are temporarily broken. And if you have a
local problem please report it!
* Fully logged. So that if you need to report a bug you can easily
include all the informations necessary to debug the problem.
* Great for dogfooding. We are running sugar in a full X server so you
can use it as your main desktop. And you can develop and run another
sugar-build checkout from inside it.
* Shell command to submit your patches for review (following process
documented in the wiki), with very little setup/options required.
* Test and contribute to the shell port using
More information about the Sugar-devel