[Sugar-devel] [FEATURES][DESIGN] Network proxy configuration

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 17 21:59:20 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 16:52 +0100, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 21/11/11 21:27, Anish Mangal wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to propose "Network proxy configuration in Sugar"
> >
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Proxy_configuration
> >
> > - --
> > Anish Mangal
>
> Hi Anish,
>
> there have been discussions [1] on how this Feature works when used with
> the existing proxy configurations already used in the field. Can you
> bring some light into that?
>
> Regards,
>     Simon

I'm a little confused by the question, this sugar-UI tool stores it's
settings in the same gconf keys that gnome-network-properties uses, that
is all. You still need to have $http_proxy set for sugar's environment
and is solved by reading the gconf key then exporting the variable in
sugar-session.

Jerry