[Sugar-devel] Proposed addition to Sugar

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:12:16 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM, David Mason <damason at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Early last year for a university assignment I wrote a UI enhancement for Sugar, named Glycogen. Glycogen adds the ability to define and track learning pathways, made up of goals within different activities. My work includes a few example activities.
>
> It has been idle for a while, but I think it's about time I looked at whether it's appropriate to incorporate into the main Sugar distribution. If it is appropriate, I'll look at a time-frame for making the necessary code updates (I'm sure there will be many).
>
> There are several screenshots under the developer and user documentation: http://davidmason.github.com/glycogen/
> Note that the UI needs a lot of polishing - my focus during the project was getting the core functionality working, not to make a highly polished product.
>
> Code is hosted on github at the moment: https://github.com/davidmason/glycogen
>
> I invite your opinions and suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David Mason

Nice start.

I think a first step would be to solicit some feedback from the
pedagogy team. There are regular weekly meetings... perhaps we can
schedule you in for a discussion?

>From an activity-developer point of view, I am a bit confused by how I
interact with Glycerin. Do I need to define a close-ended task within
my activity? Maybe you could take a peek at, for example,
TurtleConfusion [1], a series of challenges for Turtle Art. Should be
relatively straight-forward to migrate to your system?

Regards.

-walter

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Confusion

--