[Sugar-devel] Proposed addition to Sugar

David Mason damason at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 01:26:53 EST 2012

Hi all,

Early last year for a university assignment I wrote a UI enhancement for Sugar, named Glycogen. Glycogen adds the ability to define and track learning pathways, made up of goals within different activities. My work includes a few example activities.

It has been idle for a while, but I think it's about time I looked at whether it's appropriate to incorporate into the main Sugar distribution. If it is appropriate, I'll look at a time-frame for making the necessary code updates (I'm sure there will be many).

There are several screenshots under the developer and user documentation: http://davidmason.github.com/glycogen/
Note that the UI needs a lot of polishing - my focus during the project was getting the core functionality working, not to make a highly polished product.

Code is hosted on github at the moment: https://github.com/davidmason/glycogen

I invite your opinions and suggestions.

Cheers,

David Mason