[Sugar-devel] Rainbow violation?

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:48:06 EST 2012

I have been making some changes to the Portfolio activity based on
some feedback from the Pedagogy Team. (They are testing the latest bit
available on git and also [1].) One of the changes that they requested
was the ability to modify metadata['description'] so that the text
displayed on a slide could be changed from within Portfolio. Easy
enough. But what is not so easy is to save these changes to the
datastore. In order to do this, I will have to make Portfolio behave
more like the Journal, with the ability to write to the datastore of
any object, not just its own instance. Feedback as to whether or not I
should go down this path, and if so, how to ensure that I am not
creating a gapping hole in Rainbow would be appreciated.

regards.

-walter

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/images/3/3f/Portfolio-20.xo

--