[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sweets Distribution

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 29 18:39:00 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 09:22:25AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:33:29PM +0800, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
> >> Can we have a PPA for Ubuntu?
> >
> > What we have now is a PPA for Sweets, hosted on Sugar servers.
> >
> > What you are asking for is to provide those under the Ubuntu Launchpad
> > infrastructure.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, the only advantage would be to shorten the command
> > line required to install.
>
> Have it easily discoverable by the wider Ubuntu community?

I don't know what mechanism would lead to discovery.  The only way I've
found Ubuntu PPAs is by visiting Launchpad pages for projects, or by
referral from someone.

The latter mechanism is equal to the way we mention the Sugar Sweets
repository on the Sweets page on the Sugar Wiki.

(I think Sugar moving to Launchpad to be a large change without enough
benefit to outweigh the cost.  I maintain Netrek with some Launchpad
involvement.  A hope I had was that it would cause more volunteers to
appear ... but that never happened.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/