[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sweets Distribution

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Wed Feb 29 08:37:35 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 05:27:56PM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 03:39:06PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > === Sweets Distribution 0.94 ===
> >
> > Testing [[Dextrose/2|Dextrose 3]] based releases:
> >
> > * [http://download.sugarlabs.org/packages/SweetsDistribution:/0.94/Ubuntu-11.04/ Ubuntu-11.04]
>
> I see only Ubuntu-11.04 is present there.
>
> Do you plan to package for Ubuntu-11.10 or Ubuntu-12.04?

Originally, it was an experiment (for now, building system, which is
based on OBS [1], is working fine) and a way to support deployment
distributions (for now, it is Trisquel based distros).

The list of supported distros for SweetsDistribution entirely
depends on real needs (if there are problems in official repos).

Since SweetsDistribution is being used in Trisquel, it is not hard
to support bunch of Ubuntu, but it will require help from other people
to test these packages. There is no need in testing the on regular
basis, just on numbered updates for already released LTS distros
and testing on new distro releases.

If there are willing people to use/help-with-testing, I can add all
Ubuntu versions starting from recent LTS.

--
Aleksey