[Sugar-devel] Automatically joining a shared Activity

Danny Iland iland at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 16 00:02:04 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm developing an emergency communication activity for OLPC, based on
Epidemic routing. The core idea is that when XOs come into Wi-Fi range
of each other, they pass messages and data back and forth. We are
attempting to implement this using a shared Activity. However, for
this to be feasible, we need a way for our Activity to look for
instances of the Activity being shared by XOs nearby, and to
automatically join the activity. We don't want the user to have to be
in the Neighborhood view to find other users, or to take any action to
connect to nearby XOs. Any advice with regards to this is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Danny Iland
iland at cs.ucsb.edu