[Sugar-devel] GNOME schedule: merged freezes into one big 'The Freeze'

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Feb 13 05:18:54 EST 2012

Hi,

in previous GNOME development cycles the API/Feature freeze was
decoupled from the UI freeze [1]. In the 3.4 cycle they are at the same
date [2]. This has been changed to make the schedule easier to remember
[3]. I somehow liked the decoupling because after a Feature landed one
was able to make adjustments later. I will think a bit about if we
should adapt to that change as well, comments in the meantime welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon

* All this because the Sugar development cycle follows the GNOME one and
we mimic the policy [4].

[1] http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne
[2] http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree
[3] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2011-December/msg00028.html