[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Different color scheme for USB drives in sugar

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.com
Sun Feb 5 15:51:25 EST 2012

Hi,

I was wondering whether we should be having a color-scheme which is
different to the sugar-user's color scheme while displaying icons for
USB drives (or for that matter, other 'removable' storage devices).

To me, it is vaguely similar to having different colors for wireless
networks insofar that its a shared resource which is not particularly
associated to a user. The same USB stick might be used on different
laptops/XO's.

What is owned, however, by the users are the journal entries, and they
should retain whatever color-scheme they already do. Perhaps, we could
determine the color-scheme by using the USB drive's UUID or maybe just
the volume label. WhatSay?

Cheers,
Anish