[Sugar-devel] Speak 33 voice chat problem on XO-1 11.3.0

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Feb 4 06:18:57 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 20:11 +1000, David Leeming wrote:
> I have been trying OLPC release 11.3.0 / build 883 (Sugar 0.94.1) on
> the XO-1.
>
> Has anyone noticed an issue in using voice chat, with the above
> equipment specification? Maybe it was just me but I was unable to get
> any audio of a shared chat text on the joined XO(s). Tried with XS
> server and with XO mesh. I am used to this activity on earlier
> versions of Speak and have never had any problems.

We tested this today and found that on both the XO-1 and XO-1.75 Speak
does not speak incoming messages. Outgoing messages were spoken. Is this
what you are talking about?

We also found two more bugs. When joining a shared session, Speak does
not focus the shared chat screen but instead drops the user in the
"speak what I type" screen. When entering Voice chat mode with the
activity shared, you get a spoken warning that the activity is offline.