[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] Simplified workflow

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 18:12:48 EST 2012

Hello,

I simplified the development workflow with sugar-build, it's now
similar to a modern IDE (but still from the command line). The
documentation is updated, but in short it goes like this:

1 Clone the sugar-build repository
2 "make build" or "make run"
3 Make changes to the source code
4 "make run" (changes are built incrementally)
5 Stop sugar
-> Back to 3

Incremental build is pretty fast now. On my laptop it takes ~1 second
for Browse, ~2 seconds for sugar (with the patch I sent to the list)
and sugar-toolkit-gtk3. I think it's probably possible to shave off
some more time but this should be a good start.

--
Daniel Narvaez