[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT] Peer XOs NOT shown in Neighborhood view when Power Management is enabled

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 19 05:14:11 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 13:16 -0500, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> It sounds like you are having issues with multicast packet wakeups,
> which have always been a bit of a sore spot.
>
> I presume you are using ad-hoc networking, and have not left the XOs
> idling to the point they shutdown their screen turns black and the
> wifi card is turned off (~20 minutes?).  If this is with a
> schoolserver it still could be a known issue but might be worth
> raising again.

Think I found the problem, in powerd we're setting WOL based on this
string:

if grep -qi ": 00000000:14B2" /proc/net/tcp

but that string is not present in /proc/net/tcp so WOL is not set
according to ethtool, but that string can be found in /proc/net/tcp6

avahi is bound to tcp6 when viewed with 'netstat -nat'

This is reproducible in 12.1.0 and 13.1.0

Jerry