[Sugar-devel] Porting Sugar on Android (Ice cream sandwich)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 04:27:03 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:19 AM, RJV <jv.ravichandran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Implement a shell -- replacing the standard Android shell -- that has the
> main features of Sugar shell
>
> This looks like the nearest to what I hope to achieve - the same experience
> of the XO on a hand-held device especially the Ad-Hoc networking.

If using Sugar on a handheld tablet style device you might also want
to look at running Linux on the tablet device and then you wouldn't
need to deal with the sugar side of it at all. Fedora, on which the XO
OS is based, for example will run find on a number of tablet devices
with some work. With the touch work in the last cycle, that will
continue into the next, it might be an option that might yield the
same eventual wanted outcome.

Peter