[Sugar-devel] Timing problem with GCI tasks

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:06:09 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Walter,
>
> This morning somebody volunteered to do Spanish translation for Google
> code-in.  The problem is that we already have a Spanish translation of the
> manual, and only need translation for new content.  We might get some new
> content, as we have volunteers for GTK3 and WebKit, but I would guess that
> by the time we actually have new content to translate the forty hours may be
> nearly gone.  I've never done any mentoring on a project like this and I
> wonder if there is a way to give the new volunteer a fair amount of time to
> do the task.
>
> James Simmons

Translation work is unfortunately excluded from GCI tasks.  I think we
need to revise that task description.

http://code.google.com/p/google-code-in/wiki/GCIMentorInformation2012

We have removed translation tasks entirely from this year's contest
per feedback from mentors and students. Do not combine translation
tasks into documentation tasks - we specifically are not having
translation tasks be any part of this year's contest