[Sugar-devel] [Design] Accelerometer icon

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:38:20 EDT 2012

On 31 Aug 2012, at 13:44, Manuel Kaufmann <humitos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use the accelerometer if it
>> available. If not, I fall; back to the keyboard. I think that would be
>> a reasonable approach for Maze as well.
>
> I think in Maze would be good to have the option to use the
> accelerometer or not because Maze can be played with more that one
> player, and in that case you need the keyboard. It could be really
> difficult to play a multiplayer Maze Game if one of them is using the
> accelerometer :)

+1, Maze and Physics both need to provide a toggle option, although sometimes fun, accelerometer input is often impractical, inaccurate, and non obvious in many cases *, though the default state should be up to the activity author.

* phone size devices are more practicle, but tablet size and up are only good for limited use or in special use cases of the sensor (landscape/portrait detection, movement monitoring, how bumpy is your journey to school, pedometer counting activity/game).

Regards,
--Gary