[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] [DESIGN] Display Device

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 21 08:34:11 EDT 2012

Hi Simon,

On 21 Aug 2012, at 12:18, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this Feature "Display Device" [1] has been proposed for 0.96 inclusion already but did not make it in due to time constraints. With touch the need to expose the 'take-screenshot' and 'adjust-brightness' options in the UI gets more prominent, that is why I want to propose this again for 0.98.
>
> The part for the screenshot taking was already done, that part of the patch just needs to be re-based.

I'm not happy the design is ready yet for inclusion, some quick comments:

 - Use of the camera icon (especially in the device frame) suggests it involves camera hardware.
 - Is taking a screenshot really a feature that should be in the device section of the frame?
 - The device frame is filling up fast and furious in this cycle, we already need to add an icon for raising the OSK, and an icon for controlling the hardware display brightness/monochrome mode.
 - The palette shown in the screen shot is named Display.

Regards,
--Gary