[Sugar-devel] Key accelerators on the XO

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 12:14:46 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM, S. Daniel Francis
<francis at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm developing a Sugar Activity and it has ToolButtons "gtk-add" and
> "gtk-remove", those buttons append and remove elements at a
> GtkTreeView and at the time to choice a key accelerator for the remove
> button, I selected the "Delete" key; but that key isn't at the XO-1.75
> keyboard.

There is no delete key on any of the membrane keyboards. There is a
delete key on the mechanical ("high school") keyboards available for
both 1.5 and 1.75.

> I already saw the Fullscreen button has by convention the key
> accelerator <Alt>return on Sugar instead of F11, the typical desktop
> accelerator.

> Is there any convention for replace the 'Delete' key on Sugar?

Delete doesn't typically have a F key associated with it (or any
accelerator that I am aware of).

-walter

> Thanks and regards.
> ~danielf