[Sugar-devel] Thanks Buddy !!!

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 10:58:04 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> I would like to take this opportunity, in front of all the members of our
> small family ( well.. ok, not so small a family :P ), to thank the person,
> who has been responsible for my rejuvenation, and is the reason for my
> today's well-being state. He is, of course, Anish.
>

> A year back, Anish was the one who picked me up when I was completely,
> morally and mentally devastated. He said just one thing :: "Ajay, please
> come back on track. I know your abilities". That was the thing that gave me
> the kick; and today, here I am -- lucky to be coding for inevitable, core
> requirements; and fully enjoying my work here at AC.
>

> I would also like to thank you all, for providing me the support, and
> (specifically AC) treating me so well.
>

> But as I say, the lion's share of my thanks, has to go to Anish :)
>

> Today, as Anish goes away to pursure his Masters, I recall all those fun
> moments we had in college, and thereafter.
> Lately, our weekly meet-up at our "office" at a Cafe Coffee Day outlet in
> Delhi, had become a topic of fun and laughter amongst ourselves, and friends
> :D
> I will surely miss those "weekly" fun moments ... !!!
>

> Thanks Anish for everything ...
> Congratulations again for another feather in the cap ...
> And lastly - the most important thing - have fun :D :D :D
>

> Regards,
> Ajay

Ajay,

You're story reminds me of another told by a character on an American
television drama called "West Wing":

    "This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The
walls are so steep he can't get out.
    A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help
me out?' The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole
and moves on.
    Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down
in this hole can you help me out?' The priest writes out a prayer,
throws it down in the hole and moves on
    Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?'
And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now
we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here
before and I know the way out.'"

Anish sounds like that sort of friend that will jump down into that
hole and lead you out, which is a good friend indeed.

We seldom take enough time to acknowledge the mutual support we
provide to each other as a community, I'm glad Ajay has taken the time
to tell his story.

Anish,

It has been a great pleasure to work with you on improving the
i18n/L10n of Dextrose, and I know your studies will command all of
your attention; however, I will not say "good bye", but only "au
revoir" and best of luck in your new endeavour.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator