[Sugar-devel] A query regarding building "sugar-artwork" rpm.

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Thu Aug 16 07:25:34 EDT 2012

Hi all.

I have been wanting to build some rpms for Sugar-on-F17 , after applying
the "multi-select" patches.
Regarding this, I have been able to build the "sugar" and "sugar-toolkit"
rpms, after applying the patches.

Thanks a ton to Manuel Quiñones, who helped me in figuring out how to do
this; I was completely blank otherwise :P

But, I am stuck at the "sugar-artwork" rpm.
Following is the approach I followed ::

a)
Downloaded
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/sugar-artwork/0.96.5/1.fc17/src/sugar-artwork-0.96.5-1.fc17.src.rpm
(same step as for "sugar" and "sugar-toolkit").

b)
"rpm -ivh  sugar-artwork-0.96.5-1.fc17.src.rpm"
(same step as for "sugar" and "sugar-toolkit").

c)
Added the patch-info to "~/rpmbuild/SPECS/sugar-artwork.spec"
(same step as for "sugar" and "sugar-toolkit").

d)
Copied the patch to "~/rpmbuild/SOURCES"
(same step as for "sugar" and "sugar-toolkit").

e)
Built the rpm. It was successful.
(same step as for "sugar" and "sugar-toolkit").

f)
However, when I apply the rpm via "sudo rpm --force --upgrade", it seems to
succeed; however no newly-expected files are seen.
(HOWEVER, THINGS WORKED FINE FOR "sugar" AND "sugar-toolkit").

I can't seem to figure out the source of error; as all steps (except the
last, f.), seem to work as expected.
For brevity, I am attaching the sugar-artwork patch.

I will be grateful for any information, as to what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay