[Sugar-devel] Idea for a New Activity in Sugar: To code and run C, C++ programs

Kartik Kumar kartik.peri at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:17:35 EDT 2012

Hi Gonzalo, I really appreciate your feedback :)

I second your view Anish.The scenario is mostly seen in India.

C, C++ are the languages that laid foundation for OOPS(C++ to be more
specific).

My personal experience is that, I started with C as my first programming
language when I was in school, then went for C++. It helps to build strong
OOPS foundation and thus facilitated me to pick up any new language at
pace. Now it helped to pick up Java and Python pretty quickly. So I believe
the OOPS concepts are easy to understand in C++ ( maybe because I picked
C++ prior to python) which helped me in my further learnings.

It would be great if we could provide something that would help children
learn in terms of programming languages with lot many examples :D

Also, We are planning to have an activity for web development. Through this
children will be able to design HTML pages, write JS in that. We can even
allow them to build entire webapp(in the long run). The unique part will be
easy to use interface where children can select, drag and drop HTML widget
on page. We can provide many more features like this.

Yes, I would definitely like to look into Develop activity and Pippy :)

Feel free to add to it !

Cheers!
Kartik Perisetla